Model complex, lofted surfaces and parts.
Design tooling to manufacture, repair, and assemble parts.
Reverse engineer parts using a Faro arm and Verisurf software to fill in missing or incorrect data in drawing and loft. Also use Faro arm to verify models created in SolidWorks.
Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Document actions by completing logs.
Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
• BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of full time experience with SolidWorks
• Experience with tool design, specifically tools used to create aerospace parts
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
- Modeling of complex, lofted aerospace parts in SolidWorks
- Design tooling for manufacturing, repair, and assembly of parts.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- SolidWorks experience is required
- SolidWorks lofting, surfacing, and sheet metal experience preferred
- Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience designing tools for Aerospace parts preferred
- Excellent drawing reading skills. Knowledge about GD&T
- Experience with tools for checking parts
Specifically Faro Arm preferred
- Experience with metal (steel, aluminum) machining preferred
- Knowledge of Lathe and Mills preferred
- Sheet Metal work experience
- Casting Tooling experience
- Aerospace experience
- Government contracts experience
- Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Flexible
- Reliable and dependable
- Positive customer focused attitude
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Honest with good integrity
- Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
- Flexible and willing to help others as needed
- Team player
Please contact Shelly Barlow for more info.